Ask yourself what the main point of any persuasive essay is. Regardless of a topic, it is to convince a reader to take your side, accept your position, and follow only your recommendations. A really successful paper will provide evidence, consider others’ views, and finally present a conclusion which is strong.
- Take a stance but show you are aware of all possible prejudices and have more than one suggestion.
- Do a proper research to be able to provide evidence that is compelling and detailed.
- Study the audience to know whether it will or will not agree with all the theories and ideas of your persuasive essay.
- Write according to a structure; mind a logical order of evidence presentation.
- Use hard facts which will support the argument. Provide meaningful examples both to enhance the argument & clearly illustrate it.
Also, use linking words to allow a reader to follow the argument’s flow (similarly, nevertheless, furthermore, however). Do not concentrate only on the word count. Credit quotes & sources in footnotes or a written work itself. End every paragraph with a summary or make it link to the next one.
Whether you are writing your work for the first time or not, feel absolutely free to address our company and get professional assistance. We do know how hard it is to concentrate, find the right words, reliable sources, cite them properly, and back up every word with data. We are here to make your college work, which will distinguish you from hundreds of other students.
A persuasive essay is an essay used to convince a reader about a particular idea or focus, usually one that you believe in. Your persuasive essay could be based on anything about which you have an opinion or that you can make a clear argument about. Whether you're arguing against junk food at school or petitioning for a raise from your boss, knowing how to write a persuasive essay is a skill that everyone should have.
What Makes a Persuasive Essay Stand Out
If you are looking for a single-word answer, here it is — reasoning. This work is not just a dozen ideas collected into one text but is a group of arguments on a single topic, each of them is supported by evidence. To succeed in creating this school work, you need to do three things.
- Gather all the existing information on the topic.
- Make sure the flow of thoughts, ideas, and arguments is logical.
- Create a valid perspective of a discussed problem.
Completing a written assignment is easier if you have dealt with an argumentative one. They are similar. The only difference is that this time your main weapons are sound logic, expertise, factual evidence.
Topics That Are Always Burning
It has become fashionable to say that time is fleeting and what was urgent yesterday is of no interest today. When it comes to persuasive essay topics, there are few which may be referred to as up-to-date at any time.
- Moral/ethical sides of abortions
- Social media
- Smoking & drinking age
- Immigrants in the USA & Europe
- Anorexia & model body
- Homestay vs. hospice care
If you can choose your own essay topic, start with any of these: they are popular, so there will be no problem to find useful data. In case of any issues related, you can contact us.
Correct Way to Organize Your Written Work
Arguments are nothing if your persuasive essay is poorly organized. When it comes to the structure of a paper, there are three poor structure elements poisoning the outcome: lack of flow between paragraphs, a missing introduction/conclusion, sentences which start with coordinating conjunctions like ‘because’ or ‘and’, the wrong use of quotation marks.
- Introduction. Its aim is to grab the attention of a reader and give background data on a subject. A sound ending for an introduction is a clear statement of a thesis.
- Body. This is where you put all the facts and arguments to support an essay. A new paragraph is focused on a new point. There should be a paragraph that includes a counter-argument, too.
- Conclusion. It restates the core argument & converts a reader to your point of view.
What content is typically characterized as ‘bad’ by most school teachers or college professors? It is the one that doesn’t fully reflect the topic, includes punctual or spelling errors (or both), has ideas that are hard to prove with examples, is nothing but plagiarism. Stylistic mistakes in a written work influence your final grade. The most common ones are too short or too long sentences, an overly informal tone, repeated phrases.
Use a Quotation or Ask a Question
These are the two effective catching techniques for a good persuasive essay. You may use one or combine them to develop your essay writing. Using a quote is a wise step as no matter what you want or need to say, there was someone, who has already said the same thing better. An appropriate quote is a classy beginning or a vivid connection to a topic. The problem you may face is the lack of time to find a proper one. Luckily, our team is here to help you with your writing.
As for asking a question, you are to use only a rhetorical one. Why? It makes people think & keep looking for answers in your essay. Every time a rhetorical question is asked, people are likely to agree with your ideas, so persuading becomes not a complicated task to accomplish.
Remember, when you write a persuasive essay, your own fears and restrictive limitations are the bounds preventing you from creating a really worthy paper. Our company encourages you to stretch the bindings, use every opportunity, take any chance to hand in a work full of important content, strong paragraphs, serious ideas.